Mandate & Vision
To be a world class Revenue Authority respected for its professionalism, efficiency, fairness, integrity and its contribution to our economic and social development.
To continually reform and modernise Revenue Administration in order to manage and operate an effective and efficient Revenue organisation comprising of highly motivated and skilled staff.
MRA Core Values
MRA upholds the highest standards of integrity and honesty so as to gain the respect and confidence of taxpayers, stakeholders and the public at large.
MRA endeavours to provide a prompt, efficient, effective and quality service to taxpayers, stakeholders and the public at large in an effort to exceed their expectations.
MRA is committed to apply revenue laws impartially and objectively and treat everyone in an equitable manner.
- Transparency and Accountability
MRA efforts are geared towards the development of the Authority in a manner, which promotes a transparent and accountable administration.
In addition to the above the MRA and its Board are responsible for:
- MRA Goals
- Optimise revenue collection
- Deliver an efficient, effective and professional service to the public.
- Promote voluntary compliance with the Revenue Laws.
- Promote confidence and ensure integrity management so as to obtain the trust of all stakeholders and the public.
- Combat corruption and other fraudulent activities such as tax evasion, smuggling and drugs trafficking.
- Protect and facilitate legitimate trade and industrial development and uphold the country's trading integrity.
- Promote the use of advanced technologies to enhance transparency and expediency in tax services.
- Promote human resource development, capacity building and training for a competent, ethical and highly motivated staff.
- Ensure that tax and fiscal policies are evolved in line with best practices and procedures.
- Fulfill international obligations.